Looking for an easy meal for tonight? Why not try Nacho Bake? You can switch up ingredients to make it your own…
Nacho Bake (Gluten free/ Dairy Free)
1 c. brown rice
pinch of sea salt
2 lbs. ground beef, turkey or chicken (If using turkey or chicken you will need some oil in the pan)
2 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion- diced
1 medium sweet pepper- diced (any colour)
2 cloves garlic- minced
1- 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp. sun dried tomatoes (optional)
1 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp each sea salt and pepper
2 c. corn niblets
1-10 oz can of black beans
*Optional Daiya cheddar cheese, nacho chips, salsa, green onions, cashew cream…
Cook brown rice and 2 c. water, pinch of sea salt; 45 minutes covered; then set aside.
Brown ground ,meat; drain and set aside.
In a large frying pan, saute onion, pepper, garlic in olive oil; until soft.
Then add diced tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, cumin, chili powder,
sea salt, pepper, corn niblets, and black beans.
Mix together with meat and rice.
Bake in casserole dish at 350 degrees covered until hot. Approx. 30 minutes.
If your family is not all dairy free, your can divide your dish. I fold up tin foil, make a barrier, and put regular cheese on one side and Daiya Cheese on my side.
Top with chopped green onions and Daiya last five minutes.
* If you enjoy sour cream but can’t have the dairy, why not try cashew cream…
* Another option- Just before baking top with a layer of crushed nacho chips and non- dairy cheese
- Baked Pasta Zeti With Beef (Gluten Free/ Dairy Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Broccoli And Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes (Dairy Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Meat Lasagna (Gluten Free/ Dairy Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Cashew Cream (Dairy Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)