I have been finding that I miss granola bars. Yes there are some out there that are gluten free. The problem is that with multiple food allergies, even the products that are gluten free just don’t work because many still contain sugar or milk. The other thing is that those products just don’t taste that good. So I started playing with a bunch of ingredients, trying to make a healthy yet tasty granola bar. I think this worked out well, but I’ll continue making different flavours so that there is are variety.
Do you ever miss nice chewy granola bars? I did!
I wanted something that tasted sweet and yet was healthy! I found it now 🙂
Coconut Almond Chewy Bars (Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Grain Free/ Refined Sugar Free)
1 c. quinoa flakes
1 c. almond flour
1 c. unsweetened coconut
1/2 c. ground flax seed
1/2 c. chopped almonds
1/4 c. dried cranberries or raisins
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 c. coconut oil(melted)
1 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix all your dry ingredients together in a good sized bowl. Then mix in your wet ingredients.
Pour all ingredients into a greased 9by13 inch pan.
Bake for about 20 minutes/ until edges start to brown.
Then let your bars sit for at least ten minutes before cutting.
Store in the fridge or freezer.
- Grain Free Waffles (Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Grain Free/ Refined Sugar Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Almond Cookies (Gluten Free/ Refined Sugar Free/ Grain Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Almond Cake (Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Refined Sugar Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Almond Toffee Bites (Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Blueberry Muffins (Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Refined Sugar Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)