When you were little can you remember the first cookie you ever ate? Probably not…
You can probably remember your favourite childhood cookie. 🙂
For me it was definitely the Chocolate Chip Cookie!
With all the other cookies, squares, pies, and cakes, that cookie is the one that sticks in my mind.
Did you think that when you went gluten free that you wouldn’t be able to have them anymore? I had a very nice email from a lady asking if I would make a gluten free and dairy free chocolate chip cookie recipe…So here they are 🙂
And who doesn’t like them??
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. coconut oil ( shortening /dairy free margarine)
1 c. palm sugar (or desired granular sugar)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. dairy free chips,chopped dark chocolate, or carob chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Cream shortening and palm sugar together; then add eggs and vanilla, mix.
In another bowl mix together flour mix, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Mix wet ingredients into dry. Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies, and 12-13 for crispier.
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies (Gluten Free/ Dairy Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Simple Shortbread Cookies (Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Egg Free/ Refined Sugar Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Cookies (Gluten Free/ Sugar Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Turtle Brownies (Gluten free/ Dairy free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies (Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Refined Sugar Free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)